Dr. César Gutiérrez is an Assistant Professor of Spanish in the Department of Spanish at Wake Forest University. He received his Ph.D. in Spanish Linguistics from Purdue University. His research focuses on historical phonetics and phonology of the Ibero-Romance languages, etymology and history of the Spanish lexicon, as well as the dialectal variation of the languages spoken on the Iberian Peninsula. At Wake Forest he teaches courses on Spanish language and literature, linguistics, and history and cultures of Spain.
- SPA 111: Elementary Spanish I
- SPA 212: Exploring the Hispanic World
- SPA 303: Spanish Conversation
- SPA 309: Grammar and Composition
- SPA 315: The Making of Spain
- SPA 322: Spanish Phonetics and Phonology
- SPA 370: History of the Spanish Language