Department of Spanish News
- SPA 280 Visit to SECCAOn Indigenous People’s Day (celebrated on the second Monday of October), Professor Ryan Goodman took students from SPA 280 on a trip to the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art (SECCA). There, students engaged with Corpus, an exhibition of ceramics and fabric works by Peruvian American artist Kukuli Velarde. The tapestries and ceramic works in this … Read more
- ¡Puedo Leer!Wake Forest students had a great time teaching Spanish-speaking children at Mineral Springs Elementary how to read and write in Spanish as part of the new program ¡Puedo Leer! directed by Professor Lauren Miller. Such a fun group!
- Dr. Gómez Cervantes talks with SPA 379Sociology Professor Dr. Gómez Cervantes talks to SPA 379 students about Mexican immigration to the US from a diachronic perspective, and educates Spanish students on the terminology used to refer to undocumented immigrants and its connotations.
- Tertulia is Back for Fall 2023!Our first Tertulia of the semester was full of laughs! Join us for the next casual Spanish conversation hour on October 3rd at 3:30 PM in Smith’s Cafe in ZSR. ¡Todos son bienvenidos!
- “Qué pasa” Journalists Visit Wake ForestMarina Alemán and César V. Felipe, from the Qué pasa newspaper, talk to SPA 309 students in Dr. Gutiérrez’s class about how to write journalistic texts in Spanish. This is part of a community engagement activity in Dr. Gutiérrez’s Spanish Composition class.
Department of Spanish
323 Greene Hall
Wake Forest University
Winston-Salem, NC 27109